|Posted by Maurice J. Smith Sr. on November 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM|
Couple of things to keep in mind when talking with college coaches:
1. Be sure to ask about scholarship are you offering me a full ride, if it's a division 1 school if not what % of the scholarship are you offering?
2. Do you guys have my intended major?
3. In order to get a feel for the place you must visit and ask the players about the coaches the environment, because the official visit is tailored towards stroking your emotions!
3. Do I have to apply before a scholarship is offered. (Other than Division 1)
4. Ask the coach what is the depth chart like at my position, how many players are you guys looking to sign at my position ?
5. What is the coach's pedigree, ask him about some top players he's coached?
6.What is the gameday experience like?
7. What is the success rate of football players, graduating and getting jobs or going on to grad school?
8. Are there any other player from my state or area that you guys are recruiting?
9. Again when talking to a coach (he) is trying to build a relationship with you so the closer the relationship the better it will be for them to get you to commit or visit their respective colleges.